Monday, June 14, 2010

the aftermath

After two straight days of buffets, it was time to slow down on our overeating.

Da bought my mother a packet of "mixed rice" for her dinner today. I asked Da not to buy dinner for me as I wanted to eat whatever there was left over in our refrigerator. "Waste not, want not", as the saying goes!

Da ate a rice dumpling and a mini char siew pau.

I ate a rice dumpling.

My mother, Da and I shared a slice of the delicious birthday cake that we "ta pau" from the birthday party of SCT (Da's niece) held on 12 June 2010. The cake was ordered from "Awfully Chocolate".

The slice of lemon cake that you see in the photograph below was baked by the maid of Da's cousin yesterday. We had "ta pau" a few slices of this cake which was the birthday cake for the birthday party held at the home of Da's cousin yesterday. The doughnuts were also from yesterday's party.

Da and I shared a jemput-jemput.

We also shared a potato bun. Gosh, I did not realise until today how delicious this simple bread bun tastes when warmed up.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin