Friday, November 19, 2010

Farewell, Aunty TPC

I left the office late today.

When I reached home, I received news from Da that his eldest aunt passed away unexpectedly this evening.

Aunty TPC was at home when she passed away. I do not have the full details yet but it seems that her two domestic helpers overheard her giving a few short intakes of breath before she was called home to be with the Lord.

Aunty TPC used to be a teacher. When she retired from teaching, she devoted her retirement years to looking after her parents because she was the eldest of five children and the only one who was unmarried.

As the years went by, Aunty TPC developed Alzheimer's Disease. Her condition deteriorated to the extent that one day, she suddenly stopped speaking. Subsequently, she stopped chewing her food and as such, her domestic helper had to blend her food for her to swallow. In more recent years, she stopped swallowing and had to be on tube feeding.

I will always remember Aunty TPC as a kindly lady who always had a nice word to say to me. Even from the first time Da brought me to visit his grandparents and Aunty TPC when we were dating in 1995, Aunty TPC always welcomed me and treated me as part of the family.

I thank the Lord that Aunty TPC did not suffer much when she passed away. She has gone to the arms of our Lord. She is now walking on streets of gold in heaven and her body will never grow old nor become feeble anymore.

The Lord bless you and keep you always, Aunty TPC.

Thanks for the wonderful memories. I will treasure them always.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin