Sunday, November 28, 2010

Family lunch and dinner

Yesterday was my father's death anniversary. He passed away unexpectedly on 27 November 1992 at the young age of 47.

We went with my family to the Columbaria to visit my father's niche today to pay our respects. Princess waved at the photograph of her maternal grandpa on the niche and gave a "flying kiss".

Thereafter, we adjourned to Katong Shopping Centre for lunch.

My mother, my brother (LB) and LB's wife (MF) ate chicken rice.

My other brother (LG) and LG's wife (ZT) shared a big bowl of yong tauhu ingredients but had their own bowls of noodles.

After we fed Princess her home-cooked porridge, Da ordered yong tauhu for himself.

I ordered yong tauhu as well.

Something interesting happened at the enrichment centre today. After Princess' class was over, she lingered on in her classroom and helped her teachers to arrange the toys for the next class (which was for the older children). As she helped her teachers, she turned back intermittently and waved me off, as though to tell me that she can manage and I can leave to run errands.

We went to the home of PIL in the evening. After FIL pointed out to Princess the aeroplanes in the sky, we went to Hong Kong Street Family restaurant at Eastwood Centre for dinner.

Nowadays, we will order the sliced fish soup with bittergourd.

Princess will eat the sliced fish and the egg white from the soup.

After dinner, we went back to PIL's home and ate some walnut butter cake that we had bought from Carrefour today.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin