Monday, November 22, 2010

Exhausting day

Da's eldest aunt (on his dad's side of the family) passed away unexpectedly on friday, 19 November 2010.

Her funeral was this afternoon but I was unable to attend as I was very busy at work. I had clients who had arranged to fly to Singapore from abroad and had scheduled a 3 pm meeting at my office today. As we are currently short of manpower in the office, I was unable to take leave / time off to attend the funeral.

By the time I left the office and made my way back, it was very late. When I reached Marine Parade area, most of the food stalls had already closed.

I managed to buy fried noodles from a zi char stall at a coffeeshop near the place where we are currently renting.

As I did not eat the pork and prawns, my meal was a little insubstantial. As such, I reached for a leftover piece of blueberry cheese tart after my noodle meal.

It is at times like this that I wonder why we are slogging so hard. I look at others who get to go home early, are not required to attend night meetings, etc and I wonder where the fairness in this is.

It is easy to say that the Lord has big plans for us and He will turn all this for our good. And I believe that the Lord is planning victory for me and He has in fact given me victory over all trials and tribulations. But I am only human and there are times when I sit back and the feeling of unfairness really gets to me. There is not a thing I can do about this and I just have to snap out of it.

Lord, I cast all cares and burdens on You. Carry the Cross for me, Lord.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen!

GP

Blog Widget by LinkWithin