Saturday, October 16, 2010

FIL's birthday high tea at Novotel Clarke Quay

I am so glad that the weekend has arrived. I have been struggling at work for the past few days because I am not feeling well but other than one day this past week where I did not go to work (because I simply could not even get up), I worked the rest of the week.

This morning, I woke up to discover that I had almost lost my voice. With barely a trace of a voice, I steeled myself to get through the day.

Da brought some items to our rental flat this morning. On his way back he bought breakfast for the two of us.

Da ate nasi lemak.

I ate breakfast beehoon.

In the early afternoon, we went to fetch FIL from his home. Da and SIL had arranged for a high tea buffet at Novotel Clarke Quay today to celebrate the birthday of FIL.

(photograph courtesy of MAT)

FIL's birthday falls on 18 October 2010.

(photograph courtesy of MAT)

SIL's mother-in-law joined in the birthday celebration.

(photograph courtesy of MAT)

Unfortunately, Da's niece (SCT) could not make it for the gathering as she had to work this afternoon.

(photograph courtesy of MAT)

Although it was a high tea buffet, the buffet spread was wide and even had dishes such as beef rendang, nasi goreng ikan bilis, etc.

After Princess ate her Nestle rice cereal, she ate some food from the buffet spread as well, such as the tomato soup, cranberry bread, durian mousse, chocolate ice cream, etc.

I hope that you enjoyed the high tea, FIL!

This was the first of several plates of food that I helped myself to.

Princess found the ice cream a little cold and did not finish the ice cream.

The dessert spread was quite wide as well.

If you have not tried the high tea buffet at Novotel Clarke Quay, do give it a try.

After the high tea, we drove PIL to a surprise destination. They thought that we needed to detour somewhere to attend to an errand before sending them home. To their surprise, we turned into Sembawang Hills and met up with SIL and her family. We stopped right in front of the Awfully Chocolate outlet at Sembawang Hills.

It was a surprise treat for FIL because Da's niece, SCT was working in that outlet of Awfully Chocolate this afternoon.

I would have loved to order the specialty coffee or chocolate cake but in view of my bad throat, I settled for Earl Grey tea.

A big thank you to MAT for the courtesy of some of the photographs that you see in this post.

Happy birthday, FIL! May the favour of the Lord be upon you always.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin